Mikroklang is a project by Annette Krebs.
One focus of her musical work is the exploration of new sounds and playing techniques. Therefore she develops instruments and arrangements in which quiet sounds and noises are “mikroskopiert”, i.e. highly amplified by microphones and partly digitally transformed. The resulting new sounds form the source material for her compositions and concerts.
The focus of her teaching is to help others find and work out their own musical listening preferences and forms of expression. She uses techniques of improvisation and experimental composition. She supports the development of original electroacoustic instruments and setups in which sounds are transformed through analog amplification and analog or digital processing.
She has been giving workshops in and outside Europe for many years, and advises and teaches musicians and beginners in live electronics, acoustic mindfulness, improvisation, music electronics (including MaxMSP) and experimental composition.
Since 2020 mentoring, technical and artistic consulting for projects among others by:
- Steffi Weismann ( Support and programming (Max/MSP) of a 4-channel composition for the ensemble Maulwerker)
- Han-earl Park (Guitar/prepared guitar: consulting meetings within the framework of the development of his new solo for electric guitar)
- Fiona Sheil (MaxMSP online Lessons)
- Baptiste Moulin (MaxMSP consulting)
Past workshops, selection:
- SoundOut Festival 2020 | Festival Workshop |Canberra (AU) 2020
- Sounding Together Workshop (Jim Denley & Annette Krebs) | Perth (AU) 2020
- Workshop and artist talk | Audio Foundation | Auckland (NS) 2020
- Conference and workshop |Ecole Européenne Supérieure d’Art de Bretagne |Rennes(FR) 2017
- Festival Internacional de Arte Sonoro Monteaudio16 | Workshop and talk | Montevideo 2016
- Universidad de Los Andes, Departamento de Arte | Sound-improvisation-workshop | Bogotá 2016
- SARC- Sonic Arts Research Centre, Queen’s University | Workshop: approaches, questions, aims and experiences in electroacoustic music, research and performance | Belfast 2015
- Notam- Norwegian center for technology in music and the arts | Workshop: approaches, questions, aims and experiences in electroacoustic music, research and performance | Oslo 2014
- Janácek Academy of Music and Performing Arts/ International conference MUSICA |Conference, Lecture, Workshop |Brno (CZ) 2011
- School of the Chicago Art Institute SAIC/ Department of Sound |Colloquium | Chicago 2008
- Namless Sound | Workshops | Houston 2008, 2004
- Datenklang-Schule für Sounddesign und audiovisuelle Technik | Workshops | Berlin 2006